Emergency Management Coordinators
Town of Chapel Hill
How to Stay Connected with Us
May we help you? Contact us at Communications and Public Affairs at 919-968-2743 or email@example.com
Chapel Hill eNews
If you're not signed up for OC Alerts--a fully-customizable emergency alert service--you can do so or check your preferences at member.everbridge.net/index/453003085611768#/login.
Good Neighbor Liaisons
The Town of Chapel Hill is looking for residents who would like to share and exchange information between the Town and residents in their neighborhoods and homeowners associations. Registered participants will receive emails from the Town to share with their neighbors. townofchapelhill.org/residents/neighborhood-liaison-form
UNC Department of Public Safety Adverse Weather Transportation and Parking Information
Orange County is responsible for establishing emergency shelters due to extreme weather and power outages. For more information, visit orangecountync.gov/650/Disaster-Emergency-Preparedness.Utilities
- Duke Energy
Report a power outage: 1-800-PowerOn (English) or 1-866-4-APAGON (Spanish).
Outage map: duke-energy.com/outages/current-outages
- Piedmont Electric
pemc.org or 800-222-3107
- Dominion Energy (formerly PSNC Energy)
dominionenergy.com/ or 877-776-2427
919-968-4421 or owasa.org or firstname.lastname@example.org
Chapel Hill Transit
- Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools: 919-9627-8211 or chccs.k12.nc.us or twitter.com/chccs or facebook.com/ChapelHillCarrboroCitySchools/
- Orange County Schools: 919-732-8126 or orangecountyfirst.com or twitter.com/OrangeCoSchools
Resources in Orange County
- Chapel Hill: 919-968-2743 or townofchapelhill.org or twitter.com/chapelhillgov
- Carrboro: 919-942-8541 or townofcarrboro.org or twitter.com/carrborotowngov
- Hillsborough: 919-732-1270 or hillsboroughnc.gov or twitter.com/HillsboroughGov
- Orange County Emergency Services: 919-245-6100 or during emergencies 919-245-6111
readyorange.org and twitter.com/ocncemergency
- Orange County Health Department: 919-245-2400 or orangecountync.gov/health or twitter.com/OrangeHealthNC
- UNC-Chapel Hill: 919-962-2211 or unc.edu or 843-1234 (Weather Hotline) or alertcarolina.unc.edu
American Red Cross
State and National Resources
- Ready North Carolina: readync.org
- OR in Spanish: readync.org en espanol
- National Weather Service: http://www.weather.gov/
What is a State of Emergency?
Do you live in a floodplain?
If you live in a floodplain or an area that floods, purchase flood insurance! Homeowners insurance policies do not cover flood damage. There is a 30-day waiting period from the time an insurance policy is purchased to when it actually goes into effect. Renters can purchase affordable flood insurance for personal contents only. For more information and cost, contact your insurance agent or go to floodsmart.gov.