There are several options to comment and participate in Town Council meetings:
- A resident can submit written material in hard copy to the Town Clerk, who will copy it and provide the statement to the Council and include it in a record of hearing.
- A resident can submit an e-mail message to the Council/Town Clerk. The Town Clerk will include it in the record of the hearing.
- A resident can present a statement personally at the hearing, and it will automatically be included in the record of the hearing. There is a three-minute time limit per speaker, unless there are more than 15 people signed up for the topic, then the Council may reduce each speaker time to two-minutes.
- Someone else can present a statement on a resident’s behalf at the hearing by reading it aloud, and it will automatically become part of the record.
- A resident may distribute a copy of a statement at a Council meeting and make additional comments as needed or requested. See Town Clerk for assistance.
- Persons who are organizing a group presentation and who wish to speak beyond the three minute limit are requested to make prior arrangements through the Mayor’s Office by calling 919-968-2714. Presentations by groups are limited to 15 minutes for eight or more individuals (who must all be in attendance) with advance coordination with the Mayor's Office, and proportionately less time for smaller groups.
- Notice to people with impaired hearing Interpreter services and/or special equipment are available with five days prior notice. Please contact the Communications and Public Affairs Department at 919-968-2743 or firstname.lastname@example.org for services.
- At the Council Meeting
- Agenda items for review
- Cablecast of Council Meetings
- Petitioning the Council
- Status of Petitions to Council
- Streaming Video