Winter Storm Diego Update
Post Date: December 10, 2018 10:00 p.m.
On Tuesday, December 11th, Chapel Hill Transit will operate a modified Fixed Route service beginning at 10a.m. on 12/11. The following routes will operate: CPX, D, F, FCX, J, JFX, NS, S, U and RU. Additional routes will be added as conditions allow. Demand Response will begin service no earlier than 12pm.
Where to Get Service Information:
Conditions can change quickly. Before you leave, get the latest updates on weather related delays and detours:
- Check CHT’s Inclement Weather page at http://www.townofchapelhill.org/town-hall/departments-services/transit/inclement-weather
- Call 919-485-7433 for Route and Schedule Information – expect some wait time due to high call volumes
- For EZ Rider Services call 919-969-5544
- Check local TV and radio stations
- Follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/chtransit) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/chtransit)
CHT’s NextBus system estimates the next arrivals for buses in real time, based on each vehicle's location and average speed. But when many vehicles are off-route or significantly delayed, it cannot make accurate arrival predictions. NextBus can, however, tell you if your line is delayed, or the location of the next vehicle.
- If there's no traffic going by your bus stop, walk to a stop on a busy street.
- If your bus stop is in the middle of a hill, walk to the bottom or top where the operator can safely stop.
- Stand back from the curb until the bus comes to a complete stop. Buses can slide sideways in slippery conditions.
- Keep in mind, your bus may not pull all the way over to the curb to avoid getting stuck.
Chapel Hill Transit is the public transportation provider that serves Chapel Hill, Carrboro and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. For complete information about Chapel Hill Transit services, schedules, route changes or directions to the nearest Chapel Hill Transit stop, visit us at www.chtransit.org, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call a customer service representative at 919-485-7433.