Transit services in Chapel Hill are provided through a partnership of Chapel Hill, Carrboro and the University of North Carolina. Chapel Hill Transit offers transit advertising as a source of revenue to help offset system operating costs. Advertising is sold on the exterior and interior of all fixed route buses. The following are advertising rates established for Chapel Hill Transit. All transit advertising is subject to the policies and standards for advertising, adopted by the Chapel Hill Town Council on December 3, 2012.
|Bus Wraps||Monthly Rate||Minimum Contract|
|Full Wrap||$1,500||12 months|
|Exterior Bus Signage||Number of Displays||12 Months Each Sign||6 Months Each Sign||1-3 Months Each Sign|
|21 & up||$170||$190||$210|
|21 & up||$152||$170||$188|
|21 & up||$152||$160||$177|
All production costs are the responsibility of the advertiser. For wraps the cost of installation and returning the bus to original condition are also the responsibility of the advertiser.
All advertising creative and design must be approved by Chapel Hill Transit prior to production and can be declined if we believe it is not in compliance with transit advertising policies and standards.
Agency commissions will be paid on contract of 6 month or more. For more information on exterior bus advertising please contact us at (919) 969-4900.
Bus Card Advertising Rates
|1-5 Months||$143.00 per Month||$96.00 per Month|
|6-11 Months||$135.00 per Month||$90.00 per Month|
|12 Months +||$129.00 per Month||$86.00 per Month|
|Bulkhead Cards 1-2 Months||$220.00 per Month||Not Available|
Bus Card Specifications
- Ads must be printed on at least 16pt Cover Stock and no more than 48pt Cover Stock. You can print on lighter stock to be laminated to a board stock to achieve a thickness between 16pts and 48pts.
- Cards for bus overhead racks must be 10.75" top to bottom and 20" side to side.
- Bus bulkhead cards must be 21 1/2" top to bottom, 21" side to side, with no printing within 3/8" of any edge.
- Chapel Hill Transit has 98 fixed route buses. Advertisers should supply a minimum of 150 cards for runs of 1 to 5 months, and 200 cards for runs of 6 months or more. Additional cards may be required if more than one sign per bus is desired.
- Cards will be placed in the buses on the first Saturday following delivery of the cards to Chapel Hill Transit, located at 6900 Millhouse Road (call 919.969.4900 for directions).