The Chapel Hill Police Department makes available a service for residents to check on the security of their home while on an extended absence from town. In order to request a house check, residents will need to:
- Click on the link below to access the House Check form. If you are unable to print the page, the forms are available at the police department.
- Read, complete and sign (Owner or renter must sign)
- Have a witness sign.
- Submit the request using one of the following:
- Bring the form to the front desk at the police department
- Mail to: Chapel Hill Police Department, 828 Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard Chapel Hill, NC 27514
- Fax the form to 919-968-2846 Attention "Base 3". If you submit the form via fax please follow with the original via US mail within 2 business days.