|HISTORIC ROGERS ROAD AREA
|Meetings & News
|Reports & Background
FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE ROGERS ROAD ZONING INITIATIVE, CLICK HERE.
The Rogers Road - Eubanks Road Neighborhood (RENA), a community that straddles Chapel Hill and Carrboro, housed the Orange County landfill for over 40 years. Responding to advocates for environmental justice, the landfill closed in 2013. Today, residents are getting ready for new sewer service and to create a master plan for their area.
We have completed sewer system design and hired a construction contractor. Sewer construction is anticipated to begin in July/August 2017 and may last up to 10 to 12 months. In December, 2016, the governments of Orange County, Carrboro, and Chapel Hill authorized the expenditure of funding for the construction of the 3.5 miles of sewer.
The governments of Orange County, and the towns of Chapel Hill and Carrboro, are collaborating on the effort, which is supported by the residents and several community partners. Success fulfilling promised amenities for the neighborhood was made in November 2014 when the Rogers Road Community Center opened. In May 2016, Rogers Road: Mapping our Community's Future, was released. This report is a compilation of an intensive 9 month planning effort with community stakeholders to create a shared vision for the Rogers Road neighborhood.
Upcoming Important Public Meeting Dates
Wednesday, 4/17/2019, 7 pm Town of Chapel Hill Town Hall - The Town of Chapel Hill will hold a public hearing about the zoning standards for the Historic Rogers Road neighborhood.
Thursday, 4/18/2019, 7:30 pm Town of Carrboro Town Hall - Town of Carrboro Northern Transition Area Advisory Committee and Planning Board are continuing their discussions of the zoning for the Historic Rogers Road neighborhood.
Tuesday, 4/23/2019, 7 pm Town of Carrboro Town Hall - The Town of Carrboro Board of Aldermen will hold a public hearing about the zoning standards for the Historic Rogers Road neighborhood.
Sunday, 4/28/2019, 3-5 pm Rogers-Eubanks Neighborhood Association (RENA) Building, 101 Edgar Road- The Town of Chapel Hill will hold a joint community meeting to discuss the Greene Tract and zoning for the Historic Rogers Road neighborhood. Town of Carrboro and Orange County staff will also be in attendance at this meeting.
Blasting Public Meeting Notice 3 Final 11/19/2018
- June 20, 2017 Groundbreaking sewer construction ceremony
- December 8, 2015 Community Meeting on Easement Acquisition
- July 28 Community Meeting on Sewer Design in Historic Rogers Road
- Blasting Public Meeting Notice 3 Final 11/19/2018
- Historic Rogers Road Sewer Expansion for OWASA, October 2016
- Roger's Road: Mapping Our Community's Future, May 2016
- Council Goal Page
- Historic and Vibrant Rogers Road, October 2014.
- Historic Rogers Road Area Sanitary Sewer Extension Preliminary Engineering and Field Investigations Report, March 2015
- Phase 1a Report on Historic Rogers Road Area Sanitary Sewer Extension
- Extraterritorial Jurisdiction boundary expansion
- Rogers Road Small Area Plan
- Historic Rogers Road Task Force
- Town of Chapel Hill
- Town of Carrboro
- Orange County
- Rogers Eubanks Neighborhood Association (RENA)
- Jackson Center