Child Care Facility Permit

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Do I need a permit?

One of the following permits is required to operate a child care facility in Chapel Hill. There are two types of Child Care Licenses:

1. Family Child Care Home

2. Child Care Center- the Town of Chapel Hill

In addition, you may also need to submit a separate application to the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services- Division of Child Development and Early Education.


Note: Two complete sets of floor plans are required for review by the Fire Department and Inspections Divisions for Home Occupation Permit or Business Occupancy Applications.


Application Forms


Need help?

No problem! Contact Development Services to find answers to your questions.


Related Pages

View Full Site