Temporary Electrical Service
The Electrical Contractor must complete an application, requesting Temporary Electrical Power AFTER the items below are completed.
View the Application
Permanent Electrical Power Procedures
- All permit fees and the Impact Fee must be paid.
- The as–built survey plat must be approved.
- The building final must be approved, including mechanical, plumbing, and electrical finals.
- If relevant, the Fire Division and Health Division final inspections must be approved.
- All zoning issues must be approved.
- The driveway inspection must be approved by the Engineering Division.
- Orange Water and Sewer Authority meter fee paid.
- After all the above are completed, permanent electrical power will be faxed to the Duke Power Company by the Electrical Inspector or Permit Technician the following day.
Certificates of Occupancy Requirements
In order to qualify for a Certificate of Occupancy the following items must be completed/submitted:
- All outstanding fees paid to include school Impact fee payment for each new dwelling unit
- OWASA water & sewer meter fee receipt (municipal services) OR Orange Co. Operation Permit (well and/or septic)
- Final driveway approval by Engineering staff
- Storm water approval
- Approved electrical, mechanical and plumbing final inspections
- Signed and Sealed As-Built Survey with Flood Certification and RCD (1 digital copy), where required
- Zoning final approval of ZCP/SUP/FDP conditions
- Termite soil treatment guarantee form
- Subsequent approved Building final
Commercial projects also require the following:
- Landscaping approved/Bond posted
- Fire Department approval
- Approval from all outside agencies (OWASA, Duke, NCDOT, Orange County, etc)