The following policy regulates the refunding of facility rental and registration fees for Parks and Recreation programs, activities, and events.
The Department will make a full credit for all programs cancelled or adjusted as to time, date, or place. Patrons may request a refund by contacting the administrative office.
In the event that a participant registers by mail and the person’s preferred first and second program choices are full, the Department will issue a full refund or a credit for future use.
Credits will remain in effect until June 30th or December 31st. At that time, accounting rules require that a refund will be issued in place of the credit.
Program participants in classes and ongoing programs will be given a refund or credit of the program registration fee paid, less a $10 processing fee (per class/session), if the participant(s) are not completely satisfied with the program AND have followed the procedures in this refund policy. A refund or credit of registration fees, less a $10.00 processing fee (per program or rental), will be made if the participant requests a refund, in writing, according to the guidelines below:
- For normally scheduled programs, the request occurs 7 days prior to the first meeting.
- For Athletic Leagues the cancellation occurs before the skill evaluation or coaches’/captains’ meeting, whichever comes first.
- For street fairs, the refund request occurs at least two weeks prior to the distribution of booth spaces.
- For camps, the refund request is submitted at least 14 days prior to the first day of the session.
- For overnight bus trips, the refund request occurs at least 30 days prior to the trip.
- For personalized swim lessons, the refund request occurs at least two business days prior to the scheduled lesson.
No credit or refund will be given if the participant fails to notify the Department, in writing, within the time constraints designated above.
Refund requests may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org