General Information for Facility Rentals
Many of our facilities are available for rent when they are not in use for our programs. To rent a facility, you will need to complete a rental application and pay the appropriate fee.
- We require at least two weeks advance notice to rent a facility.
- Rental requests with less than two weeks notice may be approved at the facility specialist’s discretion. (If approved, all fees for rentals with less than two weeks advance notice must be paid by cash or credit card.)
- Please include time for set-up and tear-down in your rental request.
- Rental applications for all facilities (except athletic playing fields) will be accepted 6 up to months in advance of the rental date requested.
- Athletic playing field rentals will be accepted twice a year:
- Beginning on January 1 for rentals occurring April 1 - July 30
- Beginning on June 1 for rentals occurring August 1 - November 30.
Questions about Facility Rentals? Please contact our Administrative Office at 919-968-2784. We're open Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Or email us at email@example.com.
Picnic Shelters - Rent Anytime Online
Picnic Shelter Rentals are now available online! Click here to check availability and reserve a picnic shelter.
You may also print and complete a Picnic Shelter Application and view our Picnic Shelter Policies. Picnic Shelter Applications may be submitted to our Administrative Office at 200 Plant Road, 919-968-2784. All fees are due at the time of application.
Fields, Meetings Rooms, and other facility rentals
Facility Rental applications (to rent facilities other than picnic shelters) are available at the following locations:
- Athletic Playing Fields, Tennis & In-Line Hockey Courts. - Robb English 919-968-2734, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chapel Hill Community Center – Lizzie Burrill 919-968-2798, email@example.com
- Gene Stroud Community Rose Garden - Lizzie Burrill 919-968-2798, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hargraves Center and Northside Meeting Room and gym - Nikiya Cherry 919-968-2967, email@example.com
- Homestead Aquatics Center – Anne Nicholson 919-968-2789, firstname.lastname@example.org
- James C. Wallace Parking Deck Plaza – Kevin Robinson 919-969-5104, email@example.com
- Picnic Shelters - Cedar Falls, Hargraves, Homestead, Meadowmont (Rashkis), North Forest Hills, Southern Community & Umstead Parks - Administrative Office 919-968-2784, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rental Fees vary according to the facility and are due within 2 weeks of approval (unless the rental is within 2 weeks and then fees are due at the time of rental request).
A security damage deposit of $100 will be collected for all facility rentals. Meeting room rentals by non-profit groups when offering programs of a non-commercial nature that are open to the public and benefit the community at large are exempt from the $100 deposit requirement.
Chapel Hill Public Library Meeting Rooms, Study Rooms, and Computer Classroom
To see room availability and to reserve space at the Chapel Hill Public Library, click here.
If you plan to organize a special event in the Town of Chapel Hill taking place on property or public spaces owned by the Town of Chapel Hill, Please visit the Community Arts & Culture page for information about outdoor event permits to fully understand the rules, requirements and responsibilities of event organizers.
To reserve Peace and Justice Plaza or the public space at 137 E. Franklin St., please complete the following form and bring it to Chapel Hill Town Hall at 405 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Public Space on Franklin Street