Summer Day Camps
Each week campers ages, 5-15 years old, will create lasting memories as we offer diverse recreational experiences while promoting FUN! From swimming, arts and crafts, gym games, team building, field trips and more, our counselors help campers develop new skills and friendships.
Camps begin at 9 a.m., with optional early drop-off at 7:30 a.m. with supervised open play until camp begins at 9 a.m. Structured camp activities end at 4:00 p.m. Children leave by 6 p.m. Late fees apply after 6 p.m.
When to Register: Residents (living within town limits of Chapel Hill or inside Orange County) may register at 8:30 a.m. on March 10; Non-residents may register March 17, at 8:30 a.m.
Interpretation will be available March 10 during camp registration from 8 a.m.–12 p.m. in Burmese, Mandarin Chinese, Karen and Spanish.
How to Register: Online, Walk-In, and Mail-in are all ways you can register. See our FAQ's below for details on each.
Fee Reduction Application: To apply for a Fee Reduction for Summer Camp, make sure to complete the Fee Reduction Application, and submit by NEW DEADLINE - February 21, 2020.
Search and enroll by Age (Your child's age as of August 31, 2019).
Other themed camps
In addition to our full day summer camps, we offer a variety of partial day themed camps for ages 5-17 years old, including:
- Arts Camps
- Indoor and Outdoor Adventure
- Computer 3D & Video Game Design
- S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- Sports Camps such as Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Flag football, Basketball, Tennis, Lacrosse, and College Days
You may also be interested in our Spring Break Camps offered April 6-10, 2020.
Five ways we are simplifying Camp Registration!
1. Minimum deposit of only $10 for full day camps. Our full day camps require an easy to pay $10 deposit to reserve a space. All our other camps require payment in full to register.
2. Search and enroll by Age (Your child's age as of August 31, 2019.). We are registering by age and not grade for DAY CAMPS. Community Center & Hargraves are ages 5 – 11 years old, and Teen Camp* is ages 12-13 years old. *There is an exception that youth currently in 6th grade and only 11 years old, will be permitted to enroll in Teen Camp.
3. Interpretation will be available March 10 during camp registration from 8 a.m.–12 p.m. in Burmese, Mandarin Chinese, Karen and Spanish.
4. Queue-it, a virtual waiting room software has been arranged for our online customers for the first day of registration on March 10, in order to minimize any temporary delays and web site overloads.
1. Camp Registration and Wait Lists
2. Camp Payments
3. Camp Inclusion and Support
4. Camp Attendance (Missing a Day)
5. Camp Attendance (Cancellations)
6. Camp: Taking Medications at Camp
7. Camp: What should my child bring ant not bring to camp?