Summer Day Camps
Each week campers ages, 5-11 years old, will create lasting memories as we offer diverse recreational experiences while promoting FUN! From swimming, arts and crafts, gym games, team building, field trips and more, our counselors help campers develop new skills and friendships.
Camps begin at 9 a.m., with optional early drop-off at 7:30 a.m. with supervised open play until camp begins at 9 a.m. Structured camp activities end at 4:00 p.m. Children leave by 6 p.m. Late fees apply after 6 p.m.
When to Register: Residents (living within town limits of Chapel Hill or inside Orange County) may register at 8:30 a.m. on February 5; Non-residents may register February 12, at 8:30 a.m.
How to Register: Online, Walk-In, and Mail-in are all ways you can register. See our FAQ's be;ow for details on each.
Five ways we are simplifying Camp Registration!
1. Minimum deposit of only $10 for full day camps. Our full day camps require an easy to pay $10 deposit to reserve a space. All our other camps require payment in full to register.
2. Search and enroll by Age. This year our full day camps are organized by age not grade. (Age requirement is your child’s age on or before August 31, 2018)
3. Camp Cancellation Refunds are ONLY available if you notify us and cancel no less than 14 days in advance to the start of camp. Please notify us as soon as possible, so others on our wait list can participate. If you qualify for a fee reduction, and fail to notify us or cancel 14 days in advance, this may impact your eligibility for a fee reduction in the future.
4. Queue-it, a virtual waiting room software has been arranged for our online customers for the first day of registration on February 5, in order to minimize any temporary delays and web site overloads.
To see our listings and descriptions of All our camps, click Summer Camps.
Please join us for a Summer Camp Kick Off at the following days, times, and locations.
Teen Camp: Wednesday, June 5 6:30 p.m. The Corner Teen Center, 179 E. Franklin Street (under the Post Office)
Hargraves Center: Thursday, June 6 6:30 p.m. Hargraves Center, 216 North Roberson Street
Community Center: Saturday, June 8 11:00 a.m. Chapel Hill Community Center, 120 South Estes Drive
Other Theme Camps
In addition to our full day summer camps, we offer a large variety of partial day themed camps for ages 5-17 years old, including, Clay Studio Arts Camp, Indoor and Outdoor Adventure camps, 3D & Video Game Design camps, S.T.E.M. Camps, Sports theme camps such as Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Flag football, Basketball, Tennis, Lacrosse, Ultimate Warrior and College Days Camp.
You may also be interested in our Spring Break Camps offered March 25-29, 2019.
1. Camp Registration and Wait Lists
2. Camp Payments
3. Camp Inclusion and Support
4. Camp Attendance (Missing a Day)
5. Camp Attendance (Cancellations)
6. Camp: Taking Medications at Camp
7. Camp: What should my child bring ant not bring to camp?