English Channel Swim Challenge
A virtual swim adventure!
We're using www.Racery.com to host our virtual challenge, swimming the English Channel together.
We challenge you to join us on a virtual swim across the English Channel! Set your sights on the 21 mile distance, go a second lap for a spot on the 42 mile leader board, or just start swimming and see how far you get! Everyone is invited! It’s a fun way to set a goal, get yourself moving and swim your way to a healthier you! And best of all, it only costs $1!
Here’s how it works:
- The Challenge begins January 1st, 2019, but you can join at any time.
- Go to English Channel Virtual Swim Challenge to register ($1) and set up your virtual avatar on the start line. You can start logging swims on January 1.
- The Challenge officially ends February 10, 2019, but you can keep on swimming.
- Swim anywhere (seriously, anywhere, but we suggest indoors!)
- Track your daily miles by laps; using a GPS watch, app, abacus, sundial, change in the tides, or hey, just good ol’ fashion mental math.
- Reply to a daily email to report your distance.
- Your place on the online map is plotted instantly! You will be able to follow your bouncing avatar as it forges its virtual progress across the Channel.
- Your total mileage, swims/week, and miles/week will be tracked.
- Not a distance swimmer? No worries! Whether 2 laps or 20, just go as far as you can, and challenge yourself to do a little more each time you swim.
- Share the link and invite your friends, both near and far, to join the Challenge (or better yet, bring them along with you whenever you swim)!
- And yes, we’re swimming the Channel in the cold depths of winter; facing strong winds, brisk currents and scary marine life - after all, it’s more virtually challenging!
- Questions? Contact Anne Nicholson, Aquatics Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919.968.2789.