PUBLIC INPUT PROCESS
The Chapel Hill Parks and Recreation Department is accepting comments related to proposed plans to replace the Cedar Falls Park tennis courts.
Consider learning about the project and commenting in one of the following ways:
- Email Bill Webster your comments, suggestions, and concerns to email@example.com
- Request to be placed on the project email list to receive updates and important dates. Email Bill Webster at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be placed on the Cedar Falls Tennis Courts email list.
- Send written comments, suggestions, and concerns to:
Parks and Recreation
200 Plant Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
- Attend the January 25, 2020 public meeting. See below.
CEDAR FALLS TENNIS COURTS PUBLIC MEETING
January 25, 2020
Cedar Falls Park
501 Weaver Dairy Rd
Meet at the covered picnic space that is attached to the restroom building. We'll discuss the project there and then walk to the existing tennis courts. Meeting will be held rain or shine.
If you can't make the meeting please email comments, suggestions, and concerns to email@example.com
The six Cedar Falls Park tennis courts were installed in the mid-1970s, which means they are about 45 years old. Issues resulting from age, weathering, and drainage are too great for standard repairs to be effective. We are currently planning to completely remove and replace the courts. Following is a quick list of changes we propose to make, once public input is gathered and funding is secured:
- Replace six tennis courts with five full-size, standard tennis courts.
- Replace one full size court with four 36 ft under age eight courts (Please note that these are not pickleball courts)
- Additional room between courts
- Overall 25 additional feet compared to current courts (expanded to the east and west)
- Four court separations
- Two 8 ft X 8 ft sun shelters
- New energy efficient LED lighting system
- ADA accessible access path
- Bottle filler water fountain
- Area for bench seating
- Area for bleacher seating on the east and west ends.
Proposed Plan Sheets as of November 2019
SCHEDULE (as of December 2019)
Complete Design Spring 2020
Complete Public Input Process Spring 2020
Secure all needed funding Unknown
Start Construction Unknown
Complete Construction Unknown
PROJECT STATUS (as of December 2019)
Public Input On-going
Selection of Contractor 0%