The Mission of the Town of Chapel is “Learning, serving, and working together to build a community where people thrive.”
Since 2013, the Town has worked with UNC-School of Government’s Local Government Workplaces Initiative and the MAPS Group to conduct employee engagement surveys, in 2013, 2015 and 2018.
The surveys were designed to solicit employee perspectives and gain a better understanding of how the Town values its employees and how employees feel about the Town as their employer. The survey data helps us determine what is working, what is not having the intended effects, and what we can do to continue to foster employee engagement at work. All three surveys identified five consistent areas of focus: Communications, Engagement, Empowerment, Trust, and Professional Development.
2018 Employee Survey
- Survey Summary
- Town of Chapel Hill Employee Engagement Surveys: How Are We Doing?
- By Department Results
- All Departments
- Business Management
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Housing and Community
- Human Resource Development
- Parks and Recreation
- Planning and Sustainability
- Police and Parking Services
- Public Works
- Technology Solutions
2015 Employee Survey
The Survey Instrument and Presentation of Results
- Powerpoint Presentation - Summary of Results
- Aggregate Results: Townwide in Tabular Format
- Aggregate Results: By Department
- Aggregate Results: By Supervisory Level (Supervisor and Non-Supervisor)