Status Update: On 11/23/15 the Council enacted changes to the existing regulations for Water Quality (Ordinance).
Goal: Changes designed to align the water supply watershed regulations with state requirements and provide clearer water quality standards
Who can I contact about this topic?
Senior Engineer in Charge of Technical Services
What changed in the regulations?
- An update to the Watershed Protection District to match State requirements and exemptions, including the removal of a redundant stream buffer (consistent with the Jordan rules) and clearer development options
- A modification to the Dimensional Matrix (Sec. 3.8) to reflect Town-wide standards based on the 2013 Council action for single-family lots
- Clearer language and graphics for the steep slopes ordinance
What are some of the possible community benefits?
- Increased clarity in the regulations can improve enforcement and water quality protection.
What kind of feedback has there been about this topic?
- Draft Minutes from Stormwater Utility Advisory Board Meeting 08/25/2015
- Emails received about this topic 6/15-9/23/2015
- Comments from OpenComment for Water Quality
- Comments from OpenComment for All Topic Area
- Question and Answer at the LUMO Draft Revision Meeting 06/16/15
- Question and Answer at the LUMO kickoff 09/25/2013
- Written comments from the "Big Paper" at the LUMO Kickoff 09/24-26/2013
How does this connect to Chapel Hill 2020?
is there other background information about this topic?
- Excerpt about Stormwater and Water Quality from the Land Use Management Ordinance Critique & Technical Report
- Summary of Water Quality/Quantity Challenges
- Stormwater and RCD Kickoff Event Poster 09/24/2013
Past Town Meetings and Events
LUMO Stakeholder Meeting to Review Public Drafts
12:00-1:30 PM at the Library (midday session)
6:00-7:30 PM at the Library (evening session)
(Materials: handout, poster, overview, presentation)
Environmental Stewardship Advisory Board Reviews:
(Same materials as 7.14.15 meeting)
Planning Commissions Reviews:
Public Council Hearing
Project Information Requests
Click here for more information about the entire LUMO Update Project, including a full list of topic areas.