|The Ephesus Fordham District|
CONTACT US: email@example.com or 919-968-2728
In September 2014, the Council adopted the Stormwater Management Master Plan, which recommends action plans to mitigate flooding and improve water quality and stream integrity in the years ahead. The Council has also prioritized the Booker Creek subwatershed studies in the Stormwater Master Plan and authorized capital improvements to address flood mitigation in the Booker Creek watershed. The Blue Hill Form District development code includes the Town's most rigorous application of stormwater regulations to date.
The Stormwater section of the Story Map includes information about stormwater features that are part of approved and built development projects in the District.
2019 Updates in Response to State Legislation
In December of 2018, the North Carolina General Assembly enacted Session Law 2018-145, which included a revision to G.S. 143-214.7(b3). As a result, local governments may now only require stormwater controls for redevelopment projects that treat the net increase in impervious area. This reduces the more rigorous stormwater requirements applied in Blue Hill (treatment of 50% of total post-construction impervious area for water quality).
The Town is therefore considering changes to the Form-Based Code that would try to maintain the stormwater benefits offered by redevelopment. Two paths would be established for application review in the Code:
- Conventional – treatment for net increase in impervious area, with entitlement for lower development potential
- Voluntary Enhanced Development– treatment of 50% post-construction impervious area, maintaining the current entitlement for development potential in Blue Hill District
On June 26, 2019, the Council will continue discussion and consider action. Members of the public are encouraged to attend and provide comment.
- Council Business Meeting, June 26, 2019, 7:00pm at Town Hall in the Council Chamber
Past Meetings on the Proposed Text Amendment:
- Public Information Meeting, May 13, 2019, 5:15pm at Town Hall in the First Floor Conference Room
- Planning Commission, May 21, 2019, 7:00pm at Town Hall in the Council Chamber
- Council Public Hearing, May 22, 2019, 7:00pm at Town Hall in the Council Chamber