Office of Planning and Sustainability
The Town Council adopted the Central West Small Area Plan and Appendices on November 26, 2013. The Central West Small Area Plan is now a component of the Chapel Hill 2020 comprehensive plan.
Thank you to the Steering Committee and to all who participated in this planning effort. We appreciate the time, energy, and creativity that you dedicated to this process!
Central West Small Area Plan and Appendices
The Central West Small Area Plan provides a vision and guidance for the future of the Central West Area. For a map of the Central West Area, please click here.
The Central West Small Area Plan was developed by the Central West Steering Committee and community members who worked from December of 2012 to November of 2013 to develop a plan for the future of the area.
To download the Central West Small Area Plan and Appendices, please see below:
For More Information
Would you like more information about the Central West Small Area Planning Process? If so, please click on the following links:
Central West Background
- For more information about the background of the Central West Focus Area process, please click here.
- For links to the Steering Committee meeting materials, please click here.
- For resources and additional information, please click here.
- For community input and additional proposals, please click here.
Central West Blog Posts
- Interested in seeing the Central West blog posts on the Chapel Hill 2020 blog? Click here!
Central West: Survey of Public Participation Efforts
- During the spring of 2014, the UNC School of Government conducted a survey on behalf of the Town Council to gather feedback about public participation efforts during the Central West small area planning process. For information about the survey and the results, click here.