Continue focus on Rogers Road area planning and development:
- Approve plan for funding Chapel Hill share of Rogers Road Sewer in partnership with Carrboro and Orange County
- Continue “community‐first planning” for the Greene Tract and surrounding community with ownership and community partners
Judy Johnson, Principal Planner
Sewer construction is underway! Easements are being cleared and pipe is being laid. A community meeting was held with residents to discuss connecting resident's homes to the sewer lines and future planning process for the area.
Construction is anticipated to take approximately 12 months.
November 7, 2017
Funding: Cost sharing interlocal agreement authorized by Orange County, Chapel Hill, and Carrboro - December 6, 2016.
- Request for Qualifications January 25, 2017 (Applications for bidder prequalification for purpose of obtaining a qualified contractor for the Rogers Road sewer project)
- Construction Bid to be advertised March/April 2017
- Expected Construction Contract award (by Orange County) expected late Spring
- Anticipated construction of sewer system to begin in Summer 2017
- Anticipated construction timeline of 12-18 months with completion in late 2018.
Planning: Community-first planning efforts are beginning for Greene Tract and Rogers Road community with other jurisdictions and community partners.
- Town of Chapel Hill Rogers Road webpage
- Historic Rogers Road Sewer Plans October 2016
- Historic Rogers Road Sanitary Sewer Extension Phase 1B Report Updated Conceptual Main Line Alignment/Budget/Options Comparisons March 2015
- Board of Orange County Commissioners Meeting December 1, 2014
- Historic Rogers Road Sanitary Sewer Extension Phase 1A Report Updated Conceptual Main Line Alignment/Budget/Options Comparisons November 2014
- Town of Chapel Hill Council enactment of Extraterritorial Jurisdiction boundary and long range planning efforts October 15, 2014
- Historic Rogers Road Neighborhood Task Force Final Report September 2013