|Your Feedback Welcome
Chapel Hill residents may also make comments to the Mayor and Council by letter, fax, or e-mail at any time in the budget process.
Mail: Town Hall
405 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Development of FY2013-2014 Budget
Through the Town's annual budget process, the Town Council makes decisions on the level and types of services provided to residents with local, State and federal funds.
Adoption of a budget determines in many respects the level of resources to be available for Town services over the coming budget year. The budget process is one of the most important functions and responsibilities of the Council, and it is also a key opportunity for residents’ participation in Town government.
The Town's 2020 Comprehensive Plan will help guide the development of this and future budgets.
Reports Made to Date
- November 30, 2012 - Nonprofit Human Service Agencies Invited to Apply for Funding
- December 4, 2012 - Internal Budget Kickoff Presentation: Ranking Programs Based on Relevance to Objectives (PDF)
- January 9, 2013 - Council Work Session
- January 28, 2013 - Presentation: Chapel Hill Transit FY2013-14 Budget Outlook (PDF)
- February 1-2, 2013 - Council Planning Retreat (PDF)
- February 27, 2013 - Budget Initial Public Forum FY13-14 (PDF)
- March 18, 2013 - Public Forum for Community Development Program, HOME Program, and Capital Fund Program for Public Housing Renovations
- April 10, 2013 - Council Business Meeting
- April 29, 2013 - Budget Report for Council Work Session (PDF)
- May 13, 2013 - Presentation of Manager's FY2013-2014 Recommended Budget
- May 20, 2013 - Public Hearing on the Manager's FY2013-2014 Recommended Budget
- Manager's Presentation (PDF)
- May 22, 2013 - Council Budget Work Session
- June 3, 2013 - Council Budget Work Session
- June 5, 2013 - Options for Filling the Library Funding Gap (PDF)
- Completed June 7, 2013 - Responses to Budget Questions
- June 10, 2013 - Adoption of FY2013-2014 Budget
- News Release
- Memo to Council: Consideration of Final Budget and Related Items (PDF)
- Ordinance Concerning the Establishment of the Town Budget for FY2013-2014 (PDF)