Responses to Budget Questions and Requests for Information
Click on a question to view the response in PDF file format.
- What is our revenue growth history and projections (Property Tax)?
- What is our interest rate history and projections?
- How would moving the Debt Management Fund tax rate back up 1.8 cents (from 7.5 to 9.3) affect the capital plan?
- What is the new stormwater fee structure proposed by consultants (1,000 sq. ft. per ERU versus 2,000 sq. ft. per ERU) and will this go into effect if an increased fee is approved?
- When did the Town borrow for the Library expansion and what is the relationship between those borrowings and increases in the tax rate?
- How much is the Town’s OPEB (retiree healthcare) liability?
- What is the increase in the County’s annual contribution to the Town Library?
- Employee compensation:
- What are our plans for Youth Programming?
- Have the Transit Partner's contributions to funding the Transit System been consistent?
- What tradeoffs were made in developing the FY14 Budget that have an impact on the FY15 Budget?
- What are the per hour personnel costs of Library operations pre and post expansion?
- What is the cost of the Mobile Stage and the Police Cameras in the CIP?
- What is the work plan/cost for the Social Media (Multimedia Producer) position?
- What have the pay adjustments been for surrounding jurisdictions over the past 5 years?
- Why are we recommending an across the board pay adjustment rather than merit based increases?
- What is Carrboro’s contribution to GIG-U?
- What is the cost of hauling solid waste to Durham for FY14?
- What is the Town’s employee retention history?
- Why do we not use propane to fuel some of our police vehicles as they do in the City of Raleigh?
- What is the estimate of Park & Ride Revenues beyond FY14?
- Why was there a 15% cut in Library hours in spite of very high “priority” scores by Council and the general public?
This list was last updated on 06/07/2013.