|Your Feedback Welcome
Chapel Hill residents may also make comments to the Mayor and Council by letter, fax, or e-mail at any time in the budget process.
Mail: Town Hall
405 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Development of FY2012-2013 Budget
The Town Budget was adopted on June 25, 2012. Read the news summary.
Through the Town's annual budget process, the Town Council makes decisions on the level and types of services provided to residents with local, State and federal funds.
Adoption of a budget determines in many respects the level of resources to be available for Town services over the coming budget year. The budget process is one of the most important functions and responsibilities of the Council, and it is also a key opportunity for residents’ participation in Town government.
The Town's 2020 Comprehensive Plan will help guide the development of this and future budgets.
Reports Made to Date
- November 28, 2011 - Financial Update Presentation (PDF)
- December 1, 2011 - Fiscal Conditions Report (PDF)
- January 30, 2012 - Economic/Financial Update Presentation (PDF)
- February 27, 2012 - Initial Public Forum
- April 30, 2012 - Preliminary Report on FY2012-2013 Budget Development (PDF)
- May 14, 2012 - Manager's FY2012-2013 Recommended Budget
- May 16, 2012 - Budget Work Session
- May 21, 2012 - Staff Presentation for Budget Public Hearing (PDF)
- June 4, 2012 - Continued Budget Discussions
- June 20, 2012 - Continued Budget Discussions
- Budget Presentation (PDF)
- June 25, 2012 - Adoption of FY2012-2013 budget