|Your Feedback Welcome
Chapel Hill residents may also make comments to the Mayor and Council by letter, fax, or e-mail at any time in the budget process.
Mail: Town Hall
405 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
The Town Budget was adopted on June 13, 2011. Read the news summary.
Through the Town's annual budget process, the Town Council makes decisions on the level and types of services provided to residents with local, State and federal funds.
Adoption of a budget determines in many respects the level of resources to be available for Town services over the coming budget year. The budget process is one of the most important functions and responsibilities of the Council, and it is also a key opportunity for residents’ participation in Town government.
Reports Made to Date
- February 4, 2011 - Financial Update Presentation (PDF)
- February 14, 2011 - Public Forum on the Annual Budget, Capital Program, Use of Grants and Related Items and Potential Legislative Requests
- April 11, 2011 - Status report on development of annual budget (PDF), Adoption of recommended 2011-2012 Capital Fund Program for Public Housing Renovations
- April 25, 2011 - Adoption of recommended 2011-2012 Community Development Program
- May 9, 2011 - Presentation of Town Manager's recommended budget for the service year beginning on July 1, 2011 (PDF), Modification of recommended 2011-2012 Community Development Program
- May 10, 2011 - Budget work session
- May 16, 2011 - Public hearing on recommended budget; budget work session
- May 25, 2011 - Business meeting
- June 13, 2011 - Adoption of 2011-2012 budget