|Your Feedback Welcome
Citizens may also make comments to the Mayor and Council by letter, fax, or e-mail at any time in the budget process.
Mail: Town Hall
405 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Through the Town's annual budget process, the Town Council makes decisions on the level and types of services provided to residents with local, State and federal funds.
Adoption of a budget determines in many respects the level of resources to be available for Town services over the coming budget year. The budget process is one of the most important functions and responsibilities of the Council, and it is also a key opportunity for residents’ participation in Town government.
Key Dates in Budget Process
- Feb. 3, 2010: Public Forum on the Budget
- April 12, 2010: Budget Status Report to Council and Public Forum
- May 10, 2010: Manager's Recommended Budget Message and Powerpoint Presentation
- May 12, 2010: Budget Work Session
- May 19, 2010: Budget Public Hearing and Work Session
- June 2, 2010: Budget Work Session
- June 7, 2010: Budget Adoption (Agenda Item and Related Materials)
Reports on Financial Issues
Nov. 23, 2009 Financial Results for FY2008-09