Get updates on the COVID-19 coronavirus at

Friday, April 10, is a Town holiday. Yard waste will not be collected Friday. Residential trash collection and curbside recycling will not be affected. Chapel Hill Transit will operate on a Saturday schedule (no U or NU routes). Chapel Hill Transit will not operate on Sunday, April 10. View the holiday service schedule.

Special Event and Temporary Sales Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Do I Need a Permit?

A Special Event Sales Permit is required for any special event that includes sales or temporary sales within the Town of Chapel Hill.

Note: In addition, you must also obtain permits from other Town Departments. Please refer to the permit application and on the Community Arts & Culture page for information about outdoor event permits for additional detail.


Application Forms



View Full Site