ABC Permit

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Do I Need a Permit?

You need an ABC permit if you want to sell alcoholic beverages. These permits are administered by the North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Commission (ABC). More information can be found on their website.

However, you must contact the Town of Chapel Hill to complete the state's Inspection/Zoning Compliance Form, which is part of the ABC Retail Permit Application, before you can receive an ABC Permit. This form requires approval from the following Chapel Hill reviewers:

  • Planning
  • Fire Department
  • Building Inspections

To begin arranging inspections, contact the Building & Development Services' office at the Town of Chapel Hill.

 Note: When reviewing the Inspection/Zoning Compliance Form, the Town of Chapel Hill will require two complete sets of floor plans for review.


Application Forms

Go to the North Carolina ABC Commission's website to review the permitting process and download application forms.

View Full Site