Sort by clicking on the drop-down menus below for:
- Adverse weather and Emergency updates
- Service Updates
- Town News releases
- Town-Sponsored Events
Alerts/News/Events older than three months can be found by clicking “View Archived News”.
Subscribe to Town Updates based on specific categories under the News section.
Public Meetings on Transit Service Changes
Chapel Hill Transit is preparing service changes to begin in August 2020. Staff will be available to discuss these changes at four public events:
- Monday, Jan. 27, from 4-6 p.m. at the UNC Student Union, West Lounge
- Tuesday, Jan. 28, from 4-6 p.m. at the Chapel Hill Public Library, in Meeting Room A
- Thursday, Jan. 30, from 9-11 a.m. at UNC Hospitals, Conference Room A (above Starbucks; employees and patients only)
- Friday, Jan 31, from 9-11 a.m. at the Seymour Center
These service changes are products of Chapel Hill's Short Range Transit Plan, which was made with public input in 2017 and 2018. Service changes are meant to improve service frequency on major transit routes, maintain transit access to the communities we serve, simplify the bus system and improve weekend service, using our existing financial resources.
You can learn more about the short range transit plan and these service changes at: https://www.townofchapelhill.org/town-hall/departments-services/transit/about-chapel-hill-transit/projects/short-range-transit-plan