Sort by clicking on the drop-down menus below for:
- Adverse weather and Emergency updates
- Service Updates
- Town News releases
- Town-Sponsored Events
Alerts/News/Events older than three months can be found by clicking “View Archived News”.
Subscribe to Town Updates based on specific categories under the News section.
Chapel Hill provides Tar Heel Express Shuttles for January UNC Basketball Games
Chapel Hill Transit will provide Tar Heel Express service to the January home games.
For UNC-Chapel Hill v. Georgia Tech on Saturday, Jan. 4, Tar Heel Express shuttles will begin running at 4:30 p.m.
Shuttles will begin running at 5:30 p.m. for the UNC-Chapel Hill v. Pittsburgh game on Wednesday, Jan. 8.
Shuttles will start running at 3 p.m. for the UNC-Chapel Hill v. Clemson game on Saturday, Jan. 11.
And shuttles will begin running at 10:30 a.m. for the UNC-Chapel Hill v. Miami game on Saturday, Jan. 25.
Shuttles for these games will operate from five locations in Chapel Hill and Carrboro.
The shuttles will provide continuous and fully accessible service, running every ten to 15 minutes to the Dean E. Smith Center. An on-demand shuttle will operate until the end of the event, when full shuttle service resumes. The shuttles will operate for 45 minutes following the event. Shuttle rides are $5 for a round trip or $3 for a one-way trip.
Shuttles will run from:
- Friday Center Park and Ride Lot
- Airport Drive/UNC Facilities Parking Lot
- Southern Village Park and Ride Lot
- Jones Ferry Park and Ride Lot
- Downtown/Carolina Coffee Shop (no-parking available)
Carolina Athletics encourages fans to leave all bags at home, but the following items will be allowed inside.
- Any clear plastic or vinyl bag no larger than 12'' x 12" x 20", including gallon freezer bags
- Small clutch purses no larger than 4.5" x 6.5"
- Necessary medical items following inspection at entry gates
- Up to two unopened 20 ounce or smaller bottles of water per person and empty drink containers that can be filled up at drinking fountains.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, diaper bags, fanny packs, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags. All prohibited items must be returned to your vehicles or discarded at the gates. No weapons of any kind will be allowed.