Residential Fire: Park Apartments

Post Date:06/06/2019 11:51 AM
candle_safety-body

Click for more

The Chapel Hill Fire Department responded to the report of a fire in a unit of the Park Apartments (1250 Ephesus Church Road) at 9:39 p.m. Wednesday, June 5.

  • Fire was found in the bedroom, caused by an unattended candle
  • Fire was under control within 10 minutes
  • One firefighter suffered minor injuries and was transported to UNC Hospitals
    • The firefighter has since returned to work
  • Two residents of The Park Apartments were displaced due to the fire
  • Response consisted of 19 firefighters, six EMS personnel, and Chapel Hill Police officers

According to the National Fire Protection Association, more than one-third of home candle fires start in the bedroom. Please read the fact sheet on the right for important home candle safety tips.

Media contact: Ran Northam, community safety communications specialist, 919-969-4878 or rnortham@townofchapelhill.org.

###

Return to full list >>
View Full Site