Residential Fire: Park Apartments
Click for more
The Chapel Hill Fire Department responded to the report of a fire in a unit of the Park Apartments (1250 Ephesus Church Road) at 9:39 p.m. Wednesday, June 5.
- Fire was found in the bedroom, caused by an unattended candle
- Fire was under control within 10 minutes
- One firefighter suffered minor injuries and was transported to UNC Hospitals
- The firefighter has since returned to work
- Two residents of The Park Apartments were displaced due to the fire
- Response consisted of 19 firefighters, six EMS personnel, and Chapel Hill Police officers
According to the National Fire Protection Association, more than one-third of home candle fires start in the bedroom. Please read the fact sheet on the right for important home candle safety tips.
Media contact: Ran Northam, community safety communications specialist, 919-969-4878 or email@example.com.