What holds you back from getting involved?
Childcare and/or transportation available in new pilot program for advisory board members
What holds you back? Many obstacles have been shown to affect people’s willingness and ability to be politically and civically involved.
In an effort to attract persons from diverse backgrounds to serve on Town of Chapel Hill boards and commissions, the Chapel Hill Town Council is trying something new this year.
Childcare and/or transportation assistance is now available for qualifying board members, as a part of a pilot program.
It’s as easy as 1-2-3 …
- Learn about the missions of boards and commissions that advise the Town Council on a wide range of issues – from parks and greenways to transportation to environmental stewardship and many others -- at https://www.townofchapelhill.org/boards
- See more about Childcare/Transportation assistance
- Apply to be a member!
- Here’s what you give –
- Serve as an advocate for the Town of Chapel Hill
- Provide feedback to the Town Council
- Ensure effective planning, monitoring, and strengthening of programs and services
- Enhance the Town of Chapel Hill’s public standing
- Meet once or twice a month (many are eligible for a 3-year term)
- And, what you get in return –
- An opportunity to shape the community
- Networking opportunities
- Enhance your resume
- Childcare/Transportation assistance available
Apply Now! No Experience Necessary. Will provide training to ensure your success.
Questions? Contact the Communications and Public Affairs Department at 919-968-2844 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to working with you!