Lane Closed: 450 W. Franklin St.
One westbound (toward Carrboro) lane and the sidewalk along West Franklin Street is closed due to a fallen tree that took out power lines.
- Chapel Hill Police and Fire departments dispatched around 10 a.m.
- Duke Energy notified and en route
- Town arborist en route for cleanup
- Entire tree needs to be removed—tree is hollow and could pose future harm
- Duration of closure unknown at this time
- One minor injury
Looking for Traffic News?
Visit townofchapelhill.org/traffic. Did you know that traffic advisories may be sent directly to your email? Visit townofchapelhill.org/signup to sign up and check the box "Traffic Advisories." For assistance, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you walk, bike, run and wheel around Chapel Hill? The Town of Chapel Hill is busy with projects to improve your travel safety and convenience – including sidewalks, streets, trails and greenways, traffic calming and more. For more information, visit townofchapelhill.org/gettingaround. And, for a weekly digest of all Town news, sign up for Chapel Hill eNews at townofchapelhill.org/signup or by sending a request to email@example.com.