Sort by clicking on the drop-down menus below for:
- Adverse weather and Emergency updates
- Service Updates
- Town News releases
- Town-Sponsored Events
Alerts/News/Events older than three months can be found by clicking “View Archived News”.
Subscribe to Town Updates based on specific categories under the News section.
Chapel Hill Transit Summer Break Schedule Begins May 11
Chapel Hill Transit will make the following service schedule adjustments due to the UNC-Chapel Hill summer break schedule:
- The weekday A-Limited morning trips (7:14–9:44 a.m.) will not operate beginning Monday, May 13 and will resume on Monday, Aug. 12.
- The weekday NU route will not operate beginning Monday, May 13 and will resume on Monday, Aug. 12.
- The weekend U and NU routes will not operate beginning Saturday, May 11 and will resume on Sunday, Aug. 18.
- Safe Ride routes will end on Saturday, April 27, and will resume on Thursday, Aug. 22.
- EZ Rider will operate Monday-Friday from 5 a.m. to 11:17 p.m., Saturdays from 8:15 a.m. to 6:52 p.m. and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Sunday service will operate within the town limits of Chapel Hill and Carrboro on a space available basis. Reservations for Sunday service must be requested no later than 12 p.m. on the Friday prior to the requested Sunday service date). Reservations will be available from 1–5 p.m. on weekends
Safe Ride is a service funded by the UNC-Chapel Hill Student Government for the safety of students. For information on routes and schedules: www.townofchapelhill.org/saferides