Five ways Parks and Recreation is simplifying Summer Camp Registration
Each year, campers ages 5-17 years old, create lasting memories in our camps! Summer Camps begin June 17 this year, and run weekly thru Aug. 16, 2019.
When to Register: Residents (living within town limits of Chapel Hill or inside Orange County) may register at 8:30 a.m. on February 5;
Non-residents may register February 12, at 8:30 a.m.
How to Register: Online, Walk-In, and Mail-in are all ways you can register. See our simplifying Camp Registration web page for details on each.
Here are our Top Five Ways we are simplifying CAMP REGISTRATION!
1. Minimum deposit of only $10 for full day camps. Our full day camps require an easy to pay $10 deposit to reserve a space. All our other camps require payment in full to register.
2. Search and enroll by Age (Your child's age as of August 31, 2018.). We are registering by age and not grade for DAY CAMPS. Community Center & Hargraves are ages 5 – 11 years old, and Teen Camp* is ages 12-13 years old. *There is an exception that youth currently in 6th grade and only 11 years old, will be permitted to enroll in Teen Camp.
3. Camp Cancellation Refunds are ONLY available if you notify us and cancel no less than 14 days in advance to the start of camp. Please notify us as soon as possible, so others on our wait list can participate. If you qualify for a fee reduction, and fail to notify us or cancel 14 days in advance, this may impact your eligibility for a fee reduction in the future.
4. Queue-it, a virtual waiting room software has been arranged for our online customers for the first day of registration on February 5, in order to minimize any temporary delays and web site overloads.
5. For a complete list of Frequently Asked Questions (English and Espanol), Important Forms, or to download a copy of our Recreation Program Brochure, see our
simplifying Camp Registration web page.
To see our listings and descriptions of All our camps, click Summer Camps.
Other Theme Camps
In addition to our full day summer camps, we offer a large variety of partial day themed camps for ages 5-17 years old, including, Clay Studio Arts Camp, Indoor and Outdoor Adventure camps, 3D & Video Game Design camps, S.T.E.M. Camps, Sports theme camps such as Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Flag football, Basketball, Tennis, Lacrosse, Ultimate Warrior and College Days Camp.
You may also be interested in our Spring Break Camps offered March 25-29, 2019.