Community Police Academy Accepting Applications
The Chapel Hill Police Department will host its Community Police Academy Thursday, Jan. 24 and Saturday, Jan. 26. Applications will be accepted through Friday, Jan. 11.
The Community Police Academy is an action-packed, two-day event providing community members with an inside look at how their police department functions. The Academy is designed to increase understanding and awareness of the role of the Chapel Hill Police Department and the day-to-day life of a police officer through computer simulated “hands-on” activities and engaging discussions. The Community Police Academy is open to anyone 16 years of age or older.
Participants will experience:
- Exercises simulating real police scenarios (computer simulations)
- Officer equipment demonstrations
- Arrest procedures
- Use of Force discussions
- Social/Mental Health issues
- Citizen complaints/Internal Affairs
- Police Canine (K9) program demonstrations
- Special Emergency Response capabilities
- …and more
Anyone wishing to attend the Community Police Academy must complete an application by visiting http://bit.ly/2UVY1yB.
For more information, go to http://bit.ly/2CpAOO3.