Town of Chapel Hill Accepting 2019-20 Human Services and Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funding Applications
The Town of Chapel Hill is now accepting applications for Human Services and Community Development Block Grant funding for the fiscal year 2019-20 from human service and affordable housing nonprofit providers.
Funding applications are available online at www.townofchapelhill.org/humanservices
Application Orientation Sessions
- 9–11 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 27 at the Chapel Hill Public Library in Meeting Room B
- 6–8 p.m. Monday, Dec. 10 at the Chapel Hill Public Library in Meeting Room B
- 9-11 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2019, at the Chapel Hill Public Library in Meeting Room A
Human Services & CDBG Funding Application Submission Deadline: 5 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2019.
Additional Information about the Human Services Program
In June 2018, the Town Council adopted a new Results Framework for the Human Services Program. Adoption of the Results Framework reflects the Town's interest in further focusing the Human Services Program on results and deepening the program's impact to address the community's greatest challenges.
Applications for funding must align with at least one of three strategic objectives:
1. Children improve their educational outcomes
2. Residents increase their livelihood security
3. Residents improve their health outcomes
In addition to the Results Framework, the Town has made additional changes to streamline the Human Services Program for the FY20 Cycle, including:
- Going electronic. Applications will be accepted electronically only.
- Shortening the funding application. The entire application is now only nine questions.
- Piloting a Community Impact Award, for larger requests in the amount of $30-50,000. Up to three awards of this kind will be made for the FY20 Funding Cycle. Please see the application to learn more.
- No hearing is required for requests in the amount of $5,000 and below.
Additional Information about the Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG)
CDBG Applications are available online at: https://tinyurl.com/TOCHcdbg. Applicants are invited to participate in a pre-application meeting, which is a 1-hour one-on-one session, during which applicants can discuss their funding proposal with Town staff. To schedule a pre-application meeting, applicants should contact Renee Moye.
For more information about the human services funding, contact Jackie Thompson at 919-969-5081. For more information about CDBG funding, contact Renee Moye at 919-968-2877.