Remembering Faith Hedgepeth Five Years Later
Post Date:09/07/2017 5:30 AM
Return to full list >>
The investigation into the brutal murder of UNC sophomore Faith Hedgepeth in an off-campus apartment remains active, and the Chapel Hill Police Department continues to seek information from the public to help in the apprehension of Faith's killer.
"We don't think of this case as if it will be solved; it's when," says Chapel Hill Police Chief Chris Blue. "There hasn't been a day in which our investigators haven't worked on this case, and we won't stop until it is solved."
Today marks five years without Faith. The thoughts and prayers of everyone from the Chapel Hill Police Department and the Town of Chapel Hill continue to go out to the family and friends of Faith.
We utilize this anniversary each year to again bring attention to the incident in the hopes that someone will step forward with information that will lead to an arrest. Investigators work daily on leads given to them by the public. If you have any details, no matter how big or small, please share them with us through one of the following methods below.
Here are some key points concerning this case and our current appeal for information:
- Investigators have excellent evidence in this case and we are making a public appeal for any information that will help us tie that evidence to Faith’s killer.
- This is not a cold case. It has been and remains an active investigation.
- Reward money has been pledged from a number of sources and there is nearly $40,000 in reward money available in this case.
- If anyone has information that they wish to provide, please contact investigators at 919-614-6363. If you call this number, you will speak directly to one of the investigators assigned to this case and who are familiar with it.
- Anyone with information who wishes to remain anonymous is asked to contact Chapel Hill-Carrboro-UNC Crimestoppers at 919-942-7515 or at http://www.crimestoppers-chcunc.org.