The purpose of the Community Policing Advisory Committee is to:
* Make recommendations to the Town Manager and Chief of Police with regard to organizational matters and procedures,
* Serve as a liaison to enhance community and police relations,
* Participate in annual review of the Police Department’s Citizen Academy,
* Receive, review, and consult on the quarterly professional standards report,
* Consult and advise on the Police Department’s strategic plan, and
* Provide an annual report to Council on a Council requested topic.