Summer Employment Opportunities and Information Session
- Date: 02/27/2019 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Location: Homestead Aquatic Center
300 Aquatic Drive
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27516
- Introduction: Come join a thriving and diverse team committed to excellence and FUN! We’re currently accepting applications for camp counselors, lifeguards, swim instructors, camp coordinators, and inclusion counselors. The Town of Chapel Hill is certified as a Living Wage Employer.
Join us for a Summer Job Informational Session on Wednesday, February 27th from 6 – 8 p.m. at the Homestead Aquatics Center (300 Aquatic Drive). Staff will be available to answer questions, and computers will be available for candidates to complete and submit an online application.
Chapel Hill Parks and Recreation is recruiting positions at various locations.
- Chapel Hill Community Center
- Hargraves Community Center
- Frank Porter Graham Summer Camp
- Homestead Aquatic Center
- A.D. Clark Outdoor Pool, Hargraves Center
- The Corner Teen Center
- Specialty Camps (various locations)
For more information or to apply online go to www.townofchapelhill.org/jobs.
Come join a thriving and diverse team committed to excellence and FUN! Chapel Hill Parks and Recreation is dedicated to providing cultural and recreational opportunities that enhances individual’s quality of life. People love our facilities and programs in part because we hire energetic, creative people and provide excellent training and guidance to deliver quality experiences.
We’re currently accepting applications for camp counselors, lifeguards, swim instructors, camp coordinators, and inclusion counselors. Town of Chapel Hill is certified as a Living Wage Employer by Orange County Living Wage (OCLW), a non-profit organization offering a voluntary certification program for living wage employers in Orange County.
Pay rates for our recreation positions range from a 90-day probationary period of $10.00/hour, and once an employee completes 90 days, the Town guarantees that that employee is paid at least OCLW’s living wage up to $17 per hour.
Candidates will learn and develop interpersonal and leadership skills, as well as receive training to improve communication, critical thinking, problem solving, and collaborative skills.