Public Information Meeting - Light Rail Station Area Planning (Option B)-CANCELED
- Date: 03/13/2018 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Location: Chapel Hill Public Library, Meeting Room C
100 Library Drive
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27514
UPDATE: THIS MEETING HAS BEEN CANCELLED AND WILL BE RESCHEDULED.
PUBLIC INFORMATION MEETING (OPTION 2 of 2, Smaller Venue)
Help shape land development rules for the Gateway Light Rail Station Area! This project aims to promote proactive land planning and the delivery of community benefits with the proposed light rail investment.
The Town is actively working to draft transit-supportive land development regulations to guide redevelopment in the Gateway Station Area and ensure community benefits. These regulations could serve as a framework to develop additional zoning districts specific to the other five station areas in Chapel Hill.
- February 2017 – Initiation of station area planning process with multi-day public design workshop
- May 2017 – Joint meeting of Town’s development review advisory boards
- June 2017 – Project update to Town Council
- October 2017 – Joint meeting of Town’s development review advisory boards
- February 2, 2018 –Presentation to Council Committee on Economic Sustainability
- March 12, 2018 - Joint meeting of Town's development review advisory boards
- March 13, 2018 - Public Information Meeting re: key elements of station area zoning regulations
This public information meeting is an opportunity for community members to provide input on key elements of a zoning code to inform a public draft which will be presented for public comment later this spring.
Meeting Agenda - Open House and Presentation
12:00 – 12:15 PM: Open House
a. Staff from Gateway Planning and the Town host board members and residents as they walk around the room and review project posters.
12:15 – 1:00 PM: Presentation and Feedback
a. Brief Introductions
b. Refresher/Update on Durham Orange Light Rail Transit (DOLRT) Station Area Initiative:
i. Objectives of the overall initiative
ii. Review of work to date and remaining steps ahead
iii. Introduction to zoning objectives
c. Open Discussion
d. Next Steps for Project
1:00 – 2:00 PM: Open House to Close
Note: Meeting Room C is a smaller venue than the 9-11 AM meeting in Room A
Public Information Meetings - Dates/Times:
Option A: Tuesday, March 13, 2018
9:00 – 11:00 AM
Chapel Hill Public Library, Room A
Option B: Tuesday, March 13, 2018
12:00 – 2:00 PM
Chapel Hill Public Library, Room C
Location (both meetings): Chapel Hill Public Library, 100 Library Dr. Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Project web site: http://chplan.us/stationareas
Contact: John Richardson - 919-969-5075 or firstname.lastname@example.org