*The Q & A Session for 2017-2018 funding applications has been rescheduled for 9:00 on Friday, January 13. This session will be held at the Chapel Hill Public Library, in meeting room B.
Each year, the Town of Chapel Hill, Orange County Government, and the Town of Carrboro invite program funding requests from non-profit providers (outside agencies) that support the delivery of vital community services. The three jurisdictions administer a common application with separate evaluation processes.
The information below supports the application process for agencies interested in receiving human services funds from the Town of Chapel Hill, Orange County Government and the Town of Carrboro.
November 16 2016: The 2017-18 Human Services Outside Agency Funding Application is now available. Click here for 2017-18 Human Services Outside Agency Application Packet and click here for Budget Worksheets.
November 29, 2016: Human Services Outside Agency Application Workshop. The workshop will be held at the Chapel Hill Public Library, 100 Library Drive, Chapel Hill, NC at 9:00am.
The workshop will provide an overview of the application, process, and submittal requirements, for Human Services Funding.
January 10, 2017: *Due to the potential for hazardous road conditions throughout the county, we have chosen to postpone the Question and Answer session that was originally scheduled for today. We have reschedule the Question and Answer Session for 9:00 on Friday, January 13th, 2017.
January 13, 2017: Human Services Outside Agency Funding Application Question and Answer Session. The Q&A Session will be held at the Chapel Hill Public Library, 100 Library Drive, Chapel Hill, NC at 9:00am.
January 31, 2017: Human Services Outside Agency Funding Application Submittal Deadline - funding application submittals are due by 5:00 p.m. Funding Applications will be accepted November 30, 2016-January 31, 2017 5:00 p.m.
- 2017-2018 Funding Application Instructions and Information
- 2017-2018 Budget Worksheets
- Schedule of Receipts and Expenditures Worksheet
- Board Funding Guidelines and Procedures (Chapel Hill Only) (PDF)
- 2016-17 Outside Agency Orientation Presentation
- 2016-17 Budget Priorities
- 2015-16 Orientation Presentation
- SMART Measures
- Tips and Process Handout
- 2014-15 Budget Priorities
- Outside Agency Orientation Material (FY 2014-15)
- "Listening Sessions" Feedback
- 2013-2014 Budget Priorities
- Human Service Needs Assessment (pdf)
On June 27, 2016 and September 12, 2016 the Town Council approved the 2016-17 allocations for performance agreements with human service agencies.
- 2016-2017 Award Allocation
- 2016-2017 Award Allocation
- 2015-2016 Award Allocation
- 2014-2015 Award Allocation
- 2013-2014 Award Allocation
According to the executed Performance Agreements Semi-Annual Reports are due on January 16, 2016 and July 17, 2016.
New Agency Forms
Orange County: Allen Coleman firstname.lastname@example.org, 919-245-2151
Town of Carrboro: Annette Stone email@example.com, (919)-918-7319
Town of Chapel Hill: Jackie Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org), 919-969-5081