Each year, the Town of Chapel Hill, Orange County Government, and the Town of Carrboro invite program funding requests from non-profit providers (outside agencies) that support the delivery of vital community services. The three jurisdictions administer a common application with separate evaluation processes.
The information below supports the application process for agencies interested in receiving human services funds from the Town of Chapel Hill, Orange County Government and the Town of Carrboro.
November 7, 2017: The 2018-19 Human Services Outside Agency Funding Application is will be available. Click here for 2018-19 Human Services Outside Agency Application Packet and click here for Budget Worksheets.
November 28, 2017: Human Services Outside Agency Orientation Workshop. The workshop will be held at the Chapel Hill Public Library, Meeting Room B, 100 Library Drive, Chapel Hill, NC at 9:00am.
The workshop will provide an overview of the application, process, and submittal requirements, for Human Services Funding. The Orientation Workshop and Q&A Session will be held at the Chapel Hill Public Library, 100 Library Drive, Chapel Hill, NC.
December 5, 2017: Application Q&A 9:00am, Chapel Hill Public Library, Meeting Room B, 100 Library Drive, Chapel Hill
January 9, 2018: Application Q&A 9:00am, Chapel Hill Public Library, Meeting Room A, 100 Library Drive, Chapel Hill
The Q&A sessions provide an opportunity to ask staff, one-on-one, specific questions regarding your application.
January 23, 2018: Human Services Outside Agency Funding Application Submittal Deadline - funding application submittals are due by 5:00 p.m. Funding Applications will be accepted November 7, 2017-January 23, 2018 5:00 p.m.
- 2018-2019 Funding Application Instructions and Information
- 2018-2019 Budget Worksheets
- Schedule of Receipts and Expenditures Worksheet
- 2018-2019 Application Review Rubric
- Board Funding Guidelines and Procedures (Chapel Hill Only) (PDF)
- 2016-17 Outside Agency Orientation Presentation
- 2016-17 Budget Priorities
- 2015-16 Orientation Presentation
- SMART Measures
- Tips and Process Handout
- 2014-15 Budget Priorities
- Outside Agency Orientation Material (FY 2014-15)
- "Listening Sessions" Feedback
- 2013-2014 Budget Priorities
- Human Service Needs Assessment (pdf)
On June 26, 2017 and September 17, 2017 the Town Council approved the 2017-18 allocations for performance agreements with human service agencies.
- 2017-2018 Additional Award Allocation
- 2017-2018 Award Allocation
- 2016-2017 Award Allocation
- 2016-2017 Award Allocation
- 2015-2016 Award Allocation
- 2014-2015 Award Allocation
- 2013-2014 Award Allocation
According to the executed Performance Agreements Semi-Annual Reports are due on January 16, 2016 and July 17, 2016.
New Agency Forms
Orange County: Allen Coleman email@example.com, 919-245-2151
Town of Carrboro: Annette Lafferty firstname.lastname@example.org, (919)-918-7319
Town of Chapel Hill: Jackie Thompson (email@example.com), 919-969-5081