Last Updated, Monday, February 15, 2016 (9:00 a.m. update)
Chapel Hill Transit services are currently following normal routes with minor detours and significant delays. Due to conditions, buses are also operating at slower than normal speeds. We apologize for the inconvenience, but safety is our highest priority. To be safe, dress warmly and expect delays. Please use caution when traveling to and from bus stops and when stepping on and off buses as there may be ice around bus stops. Chapel Hill Transit will not be operating on the following streets/areas until further notice:
A Route: Southern Human Service/Seymour Center, Barclay Road, Severin Street, Weiner Street and Bradley Street.
CCX and RU Routes: Ridge Road between Country Club Road and Stadium Drive.
Conditions can change quickly. Before you leave, get the latest updates on weather related delays and detours:
· Check Chapel Hill Transit’s Inclement Weather page at http://www.townofchapelhill.org/town-hall/departments-services/transit/inclement-weather
· Call 919-485-7433 for Route and Schedule Information – expect some wait time due to high call volumes
· For EZ Rider Services call 919-969-5544
· Check local TV and radio stations
Chapel Hill Transit’s NextBus system estimates the next arrivals for buses in real time, based on each vehicle's location and average speed. But when many vehicles are off-route or significantly delayed, it cannot make accurate arrival predictions. NextBus can, however, tell you if your route is delayed, or the location of the next vehicle.
· If there's no traffic going by your bus stop, walk to a stop on a busy street.
· If your bus stop is in the middle of a hill, walk to the bottom or top where the operator can safely stop.
· Stand back from the curb until the bus comes to a complete stop. Buses can slide sideways in slippery conditions.
· Keep in mind, your bus may not pull all the way over to the curb to avoid getting stuck.