Flooding, Drainage, Report a Problem

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option






For drainage maintenance issues, call Public Works at (919) 969-5100 or email us publicworks@townofchapelhill.org. Issues we can assist with include...Green Stream

  • clogged storm drain
  • broken storm drain
  • missing storm drain hood or lid
  • moving the grate of a storm drain 
  • flooding
  • erosion

For drainage problems involving State-maintained roads, the Town will contact the NC Department of Transportation. For drainage problems involving private property, the Town may provide informal technical information and advice.  

Drainage Assistance Program FAQ

  • Drainage Assistance Program
  • Mosquito Control
  • Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance (Code of Ordinances-Chapter 5; Article IV)   
  • Flood Insurance  
  • NFIP Elevation Certificate and Instructions    
  • NFIP Floodproofing Certificate for Non-Residential Structures       
  • Hazard Mitigation and Disaster Response
                    Flood Mitigation Efforts and Emergency Management: Camelot Village Information Meeting 3/24/2016

  • Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
    They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

    Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer
    View Full Site