PLEASE NOTE: The Parking Services office has relocated to 828 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. (Chapel Hill Police Department)
Residents may apply if they live on a street where parking permits are required. The fee for a residential parking permit is $25 per year. Please visit our Residential parking permit page for more information. Fees will be waived for those age 65 or older (proof of age must be provided).
Guest permits are still available for short-term parking of 24 hours (1 day) or less in a given week within residential parking zones. Also available are 3-day and 14-day Temporary Residential Visitor Parking Permits. Temporary Residential Permits are available with proof of residency. Up to 10 three-day permits may be purchased in a year for $2 each. Up to five 14-day permits may be purchased each year for $10 each.
Mon-Fri: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Parking Services consists of On-Street and Off-Street operations and duties of the division include:
- Parking Compliance and Enforcement of parking regulations
- Maintenance and repair of parking meters and pay stations
- Parking citation processing and adjudication
- Provide Residential and Commercial parking permits
- Management of the Town-owned parking deck and surface lots
- Special Event Parking
- Monthly Parking Rentals
- Merchant Validation Programs
Please contact (919) 968-2758 for more information on rental availability before submitting an application.
Commonly used forms: