|Have questions or ideas?
Please let us know if you have questions, concerns, or thoughts. We'd like to hear from you and welcome your feedback.
Contact: Megan Wooley,
Community Sustainability Planner
If you would like to be added to the Obey Creek email distribution list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Add to email distribution list."
This webpage provides information about the Obey Creek development agreement process.
What is Obey Creek?
Obey Creek is a proposed mixed-use development that, if approved, would be located across South 15-501 from Southern Village.
The proposed Obey Creek development is using the new Development Agreement process approved by Council in March 2013. For more information about the proposed concept for the Obey Creek development, click here.
On November 3, 2014, the Town Council voted to move forward into the negotiation phase with East West Partners.
The following is a list of upcoming meetings in the Obey Creek development agreement process.
- January 8, 2015 at 7:00pm - Council Special Meeting
January 12, 2015 at 7:00pm - Council Business Meeting
January 22, 2015 at 7:00pm - Council Special Meeting
February 12, 2015 at 7:00pm - Council Special Meeting
February 19, 2015 at 7:00pm - Council Special Meeting
March 9, 2015 at 7:00pm - Council Business Meeting
March 12, 2015 at 7:00pm - Council Special Meeting
March 25, 2015 at 7:00pm - Council Special Meeting
Location Note: Unless otherwise noted, all of the following meetings will be held in the Council Chamber at Town Hall, 405 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Chapel Hill, 27514.
Meeting Materials and Reports
For links to the meeting materials for the current Obey Creek development agreement process, click here.
Phase I and Phase II Materials
For more information about Phase I and Phase II of the Obey Creek development agreement process, click here.
Technical Team Contracts for Post Phase I - Obey Creek
Resources and Additional Information
- The Technical Team's Phase I report can be accessed here.
- For more information related to the Obey Creek Compass Committee, click here.
- Click here for resources and additional information on Obey Creek, the development agreement process and other pertinent information.
- Click here for more information about the 2010 and 2012 Concept Plans submitted by East West Partners prior to the entering the Development Agreement process
- For more information about the North-South Corridor Study, click here.