|Have questions or ideas?
Please let us know if you have questions, concerns, or thoughts. We'd like to hear from you and welcome your feedback.
Contact: Megan Wooley,
Community Sustainability Planner
If you would like to be added to the Obey Creek email distribution list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Add to email distribution list."
This webpage provides information about the Obey Creek development agreement process.
What is Obey Creek?
Obey Creek is a proposed mixed-use development that, if approved, would be located across South 15-501 from Southern Village.
The proposed Obey Creek development is using the new Development Agreement process approved by Council in March 2013. For more information about the proposed concept for the Obey Creek development, click here.
On November 3, 2014, the Town Council voted to move forward into the negotiation phase with East West Partners.
Draft Development Agreement
For a copy of the current draft of the Obey Creek development agreement, click here.
The following is a list of upcoming meetings in the Obey Creek development agreement process.
- THIS MEETING HAS BEEN CANCELED. February 26, 2015 from 4:00-6:00pm in the Planning Conference Room (third floor), Town Hall - Council Sub-Committee on Transportation at Obey Creek meeting
- THIS MEETING HAS BEEN CANCELED. February 26, 2015 at 7:00pm - Council Special Meeting - Negotiation session - (The Obey Creek Special Meeting originally scheduled for February 12th and canceled due to adverse winter weather has been rescheduled to February 26th.)
- March 11, 2015 from 7:00-9:00pm - Joint Advisory Board and Commission Presentation on the Obey Creek development agreement
- March 12, 2015 at 7:00pm - Council Special Meeting - Negotiation session
- March 16, 2015 at 7:00pm - Council Meeting - Opportunity for public comment about the Obey Creek development agreement process
March 25, 2015 at 7:00pm - Council Special Meeting - Negotiation session
April 13, 2015 at 7:00pm - Public Hearing (tentative)
May 18, 2015 at 7:00pm - Continue Public Hearing (tentative)
June 8, 2015 at 7:00pm - Council Business Meeting (tentative)
Location Note: Unless otherwise noted, all of the following meetings will be held in the Council Chamber at Town Hall, 405 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Chapel Hill, 27514.
Meeting Materials and Reports
For links to the meeting materials for the current Obey Creek development agreement process, click here.
Questions and Responses
The following document provides responses to questions asked by the public during the December 8, 2014 Special Meeting and additional frequently asked questions.
- Questions and Responses about the Obey Creek development agreement negotiation process - Last revised: January 7, 2015
Phase I and Phase II Materials
For more information about Phase I and Phase II of the Obey Creek development agreement process, click here.
Technical Team Contracts for Post Phase I - Obey Creek
Resources and Additional Information
- The Technical Team's Phase I report can be accessed here.
- For more information related to the Obey Creek Compass Committee, click here.
- Click here for resources and additional information on Obey Creek, the development agreement process and other pertinent information.
- Click here for more information about the 2010 and 2012 Concept Plans submitted by East West Partners prior to the entering the Development Agreement process
- For more information about the North-South Corridor Study, click here.
- For more information about the possible redevelopment of the Southern Village Park and Ride Lot Area, click here.