Contact: Megan Wooley Ousdahl,
Community Sustainability Planner
If you would like to be added to the Obey Creek email distribution list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Add to Obey Creek email distribution list."
On June 15, 2015, the Town Council approved the Obey Creek Development Agreement with an effective date of July 1, 2015.
The Obey Creek Development Agreement will govern and regulate development on the Obey Creek site.
Obey Creek is a mixed-use development that is located across US Highway 15-501 from Southern Village. Construction for this project has not yet begun.
For a copy of the approved Obey Creek Development Agreement, click here. Note: The signed Development Agreement will be posted mid-summer. For more information see below.
Obey Creek Site Plan
The following is an illustrative plan for the Obey Creek site. This plan was last revised on June 4, 2015. To download the illustrative Obey Creek site plan, click here.
During the June 15, 2015 Council Meeting, the following items were approved for the Obey Creek site:
- Obey Creek Development Agreement - Beginning in November of 2014, the Council and the applicant (East West Partners) were in negotiations to draft a Development Agreement for possible development at the Obey Creek site. On June 15, 2015, the Council enacted the Ordinance to approve the Obey Creek Development Agreement with an effective date of July 1, 2015. Click here for the Ordinance and click here for the Resolution of Continued Action.
- Development Agreement-1 Zoning District - On June 15, 2015, the Council enacted the Ordinance to establish the new Development Agreement-1 (DA-1) zoning district. This is a text amendment to the Land Use Management Ordinance (LUMO), and the DA-1 zoning district allows for the use of a development agreement and also provides a list of other uses permitted without a development agreement.
- Rezoning of the western 44-acres of the Obey Creek site - In March of 2015, East West Partners applied for a rezoning of the western 44-acres of the Obey Creek site. On June 15, 2015, the Council enacted the Ordinance to rezone the 44-acre portion from Residential Low Density-1 and Neighborhood Commercial to Development Agreement-1. This rezoning of the site to Development Agreement-1 will accommodate the Obey Creek Development Agreement. For a map of the rezoned area, click here.
- Land Exchange - On June 15, 2015, the Council adopted a Resolution authorizing an exchange of Town-owned property within the Obey Creek site for the Wilson Creek Preserve property owned by Obey Creek Ventures, LLC. For a map of this property, click here.
Approved Obey Creek Development Agreement and Exhibits
Below is the approved Obey Creek Development Agreement and exhibits. These documents were approved on June 15, 2015, and have an effective date of July 1, 2015.
Obey Creek Development Agreement - The signed Agreement will be posted during mid-summer of 2015.
- For a copy of the approved Development Agreement that incorporates the revisions approved during the June 15, 2015 Public Hearing, click the following links: WORD version. PDF version. - This document was last revised on June 16, 2015.
- For a list of the revisions from the draft Agreement dated June 10, 2015 to the approved Development Agreement dated June 16, 2015, click here.
Exhibits [Attachments] to the Development Agreement - The following are the approved Exhibits to the Obey Creek Development Agreement.
- Exhibit A: Obey Creek Map: Land Parcel Areas
- Exhibit B: Boundary Map of the Developed Property
- Exhibit C: Boundary Map of the Entire Property
- Exhibit D: Legal Description of the Developed Property
- Exhibit E: Legal Description of the Entire Property
- Exhibit F: Boundary Map of the Town-Owned Property
- Exhibit G: Legal Description of the Town-Owned Property
- Exhibit H: Obey Creek Site Map
- Exhibit I: Development Agreement Compliance Permit - Last revised: June 17, 2015
- Exhibit J: The Village at Obey Creek Design Guidelines - Last revised: June 17, 2015
- Exhibit K: Traffic Impact Study
- Exhibit L: Summary of Trip Generation Data
- Exhibit M: Diagram of South Columbia/ US 15-501 Fordham Boulevard Interchange Restriping
- Exhibit N: Proposed Crossing for Oteys Road
- Exhibit O: Wilson Creek Preserve Boundary
- Exhibit P: Restoration Area Map
Background Process Information
For information about the process to develop the Obey Creek Development Agreement, click here.
- For more information about the North-South Corridor Study, click here.
- For more information about the possible redevelopment of the Southern Village Park and Ride Lot Area, click here.