|Have questions or ideas?
Please let us know if you have questions, concerns, or thoughts. We'd like to hear from you and welcome your feedback.
Contact: Jason Damweber
If you are interested in being added to the Glen Lennox email distribution list, please email email@example.com.
The Town Council considered the proposed Glen Lennox development agreement on June 16, 2014 and held a public hearing on June 23, 2014, at which they unanimously approved the development agreement.
Glen Lennox is an existing mixed use development located off of Raleigh Road and Fordham Blvd seeking to redevelop within the established parameters of its Town Council endorsed Neighborhood Conservation District zoning overlay. It is one of two potential developments using the new Development Agreement process approved by Council in March 2013. Click here for more information on the Glen Lennox Area Neighborhood Conservation District Development.
About Development Agreements
On November 5, 2012 the Town Council authorized the Town Manager and Attorney to develop a new process for initiating Development Agreement negotiations for the Glen Lennox Site and Obey Creek. On March 18, 2013 the Council accepted the proposed process and directed the Manager to engage the potential applicants to undertake the new process. Read more about Development Agreements.
Development Agreement Phase I
- 09/09/13 - Town Council Authorizes Town Manager and Town Attorney to Proceed into Phase II
- 06/10/2013 - Glen Lennox Tours, Public Input Session and More
- 06/06/2013 - Special Topics: Development Agreements. View a video of the presentation.
Glen Lennox and the Technical Team (Phase I)
The Technical Team joined the Town's Development Agreement Project Team on June 26-27 for a two-day session on Glen Lennox that included meetings with the public, Town staff and the Glen Lennox Development Team. The following is a document with highlights from each of the meetings held over the two days, copies of the presentations from the public input meeting held on the evening of June 26th, and a link to pictures from the Glen Lennox walking tours.
- Meeting Highlights from June 26-27
- Special Topics Presentations on Development Agreements (basis of Staff presentation at Public Input Meeting)
- Presentation on Redevelopment Best Practices from Victor Dover of Dover, Kohl and Partners
- Development Team Presentation
- Pictures from Glen Lennox Walking Tours
- Technical Team Report - Glen Lennox
Development Agreement Phase II
November 13, 2013: Public Information Session - General Issues and Design
December 10, 2013: Public Information Session - Traffic and Connectivity
- Staff Presentation
- Consultant Presentation on Traffic
- Development Team Presentation
- Glen Lennox Traffic Impact Study - Executive Summary
- Glen Lennox Traffic Impact Study - Report and Figures
- Glen Lennox Traffic Impact Study - Appendices
- Glen Lennox Traffic Impact Study - Addendum #2 (dated 3/25/14)
December 11, 2013: Public Information Session - Environment/Stormwater and Recreation
March 19, 2014: Town Council Work Session - Negotiations with Developer
March 25, 2014: Traffic Study Addendum #2 Received from Consultant
April 26, 2014 (and May 2, 2014): NCDOT Review of Glen Lennox Traffic Study
April 29 and 30, 2014: Public Input Sessions
May 5, 2014: Town Council Work Session - Negotiations with Developer
June 16, 2014: Town Council Public Hearing
June 23, 2014: Town Council Public Hearing and Decision
Glen Lennox Development Agreement Resources and Additional Information
Click here for resources and additional information on Glen Lennox, the development agreement process and other pertinent information.