Have questions? Contact Us!
Current Development Division
Gene Poveromo, Development Manager
Kay Pearstein, Senior Planner, AICP
The Current Development Division is responsible for the following:
- Managing the development review process
- Assisting homeowners and the development community in navigating development regulations, pre-construction planning, zoning, and other land use issues
This webpage contains information for commercial and multi-family developments that typically require Advisory Board/Commission or Town Council approval.
For information related to single-family or two-family projects, or other small projects, visit the Permits and Inspections webpage.
Where can I find information about ongoing development projects?
- Development Activity Report - Provides information about development projects
- Development Activity Map - Provides a map with the location of development projects
Where can I find development application forms and information about the review process?
Development Application Forms - To view the forms needed for development in Chapel Hill, click here.
Note: If your project involves a single-family or two-family dwelling, or other small projects, please visit the Permits and Inspections webpage instead.
Development Review Process - For information about the Town's development review process, click here.
Where can I find information about the Town's Land Use Management Ordinance?
The Town's Land Use Management Ordinance ("LUMO") outline the regulations for developing in the Town of Chapel Hill. The LUMO is online in the Municode Library which can be found by clicking here.
For information about zoning districts, allowable uses, and dimensional standards (such as setbacks, height, lot size limitations, etc.), visit Article 3 of the LUMO or click here.
Note: The Town is currently involved in the process to rewrite the LUMO. For more information about this process, click here.
- Fee Schedule: Development and Zoning
- Resources for Development Projects
- Rezoning - A Citizen's Guide