Attention: This page only contains information for major development projects, such as commercial or multi-family projects. For information about single-family dwellings, two-family dwellings, or other small projects, visit the Permits page.
Frequently Used Pages
The Current Development Division oversees multi-family and commercial development projects. Current Development manages the review process and provides assistance to homeowners and the development community.
Development Project Applications
Learn about the steps, forms, and processes involved in the Development Project application process.
- Development Application Process Walkthrough
- Development Application Forms
- Permit Notification Tool - For some applications, applicants are required to send a notification to property owners near the development area. Use the Permit Notification Tool to generate the mailing list for the property owners.
- Find Codes and Ordinances
Learn About Ongoing Development Projects
Want to stay up to date with current projects around Chapel Hill? Use the links below to check on individual projects or view an interactive map of ongoing work.
- Fee Schedule: Development and Zoning
- Resources for Development Projects
- Rezoning - A Citizen's Guide
- Stormwater Management