We Are Looking For Members - Come Be A Part Of Change For Youth!
The Youth Council for the Town of Chapel Hill will work to:
- Provide an organization of young people that can carry out projects that benefit youth.
- Provide an opportunity for young people to share in local government matters and to learn skills of leadership and responsibility.
- Initiate programs and projects that benefit youth, as well as the community.
- Serve, listen and represent the youth of Chapel Hill in all matters of civic interest and need.
- Work collaboratively with other groups.
The purpose of the Chapel Hill Youth Council is to offer an organization through which the youth of our community may benefit both themselves and their community.
It provides equal opportunity for each young person to assume responsibility with the adults of the community. It serves as a means for young people to practice democracy in order to better prepare themselves for later responsibilities as citizens and serve as a line of communication between the youth and the adults of the community.
The Council initiates programs and projects that are of benefit to the youth and our community. Members of the council represent high schools, (Chapel Hill High, East Chapel Hill High, Carrboro High, and/or students that are enrolled in private or chartered schools).