The following policy regulates the refunding of facility rental and registration fees for Parks and Recreation programs, activities, and events.
The Department will make a full credit for all programs cancelled or adjusted as to time, date, or place. Patrons may request a refund by contacting the administrative office.
In the event that a participant registers by mail and the person’s preferred first and second program choices are full, the Department will issue a full refund or a credit for future use.
Credits will remain in effect until June 30th or December 31st. At that time, accounting rules require that a refund will be issued in place of the credit.
Program participants in classes and ongoing programs will be given a refund or credit of the program registration fee paid, less a $10 processing fee, if the participant(s) are not completely satisfied with the program AND have followed the procedures in this refund policy.
A refund or credit of registration fees, less a $10.00 processing fee (per each class, pass or facility reservation which is cancelled), will be made if the participant requests a refund, in writing, according to the guidelines below:
- For normally scheduled programs, the participant requests a refund before the second meeting.
- For youth athletic leagues, the refund request occurs before the first skill evaluation.
- For youth athletic leagues which do not include skill evaluation, refund requests must be submitted prior to the coaches’ meeting.
- For street fairs/special events, the refund is requested at least two weeks prior to the distribution of booth spaces.
- For adult sport team league deposits, the refund request occurs before the first organizational meeting of team captains.
- For camps, day trips and one-time workshops or programs, the refund request occurs at least seven days prior to the first day of the program.
- For overnight bus trips, the refund request occurs at least 30 days prior to the trip.
- For personalized swim lessons, the refund request occurs at least two business days prior to the scheduled lesson.
- For facility rentals, the refund request occurs at least seven days prior to the rental date.
- Passes purchased or renewed after February 1, 2015 are NONREFUNDABLE.
No credit or refund will be given if the participant fails to notify the Department, in writing, within the time constraints designated above.
Refund requests may be emailed to: email@example.com