Many of our facilities are available for rent when they are not in use for our programs. To rent a facility, you will need to complete a rental application and pay the appropriate fee.
PICNIC SHELTER RENTALS
Picnic Shelter Rentals are now available online! Click here to check availability and reserve a picnic shelter.
You may also print and complete a Picnic Shelter Application and view our Picnic Shelter Policies. Picnic Shelter Applications may be submitted to our Administrative Office at 200 Plant Road, 919-968-2784. All fees are due at the time of application.
FIELDS, MEETING ROOMS AND OTHER FACILITY RENTALS
Facility Rental applications (to rent facilities other than picnic shelters) are available at the following locations:
- Administrative Office - 200 Plant Road, 919-968-2784 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Chapel Hill Community Center - 120 S. Estes Drive, 919-968-2790
- Hargraves Community Center - 216 N. Roberson Street, 919-968-2794
- Homestead Aquatic Center - 300 Aquatic Drive, 919-968-2799
You may print and complete a Facility Rental Application and view our General Rental and Field Lease Agreement Policies. Completed applications may be turned in to the Administrative Office or at the facility you're requesting.
Rental Fees vary according to the facility and are due within 2 weeks of approval (unless the rental is within 2 weeks and then fees are due at the time of rental request).
A security damage deposit of $100 will be collected for all facility rentals. Meeting room rentals by non-profit groups when offering programs of a non-commercial nature that are open to the public and benefit the community at large are exempt from the $100 deposit requirement.
If you plan to organize a special event in the Town of Chapel Hill taking place on property or public spaces owned by the Town of Chapel Hill, please read our Outdoor Special Events Guide to fully understand the rules, requirements and responsibilities of event organizers.
GENERAL RENTAL INFORMATION FOR FACILITY RENTALS
- We require at least two weeks advance notice to rent a facility.
- Rental requests with less than two weeks notice may be approved at the facility specialist’s discretion. (If approved, all fees for rentals with less than two weeks advance notice must be paid by cash or credit card.)
- Please include time for set-up and tear-down in your rental request.
- Rental applications for all facilities (except athletic playing fields) will be accepted 6 up to months in advance of the rental date requested.
- Athletic playing field rentals will be accepted twice a year:
- Beginning on January 1 for rentals occurring April 1 - July 30
- Beginning on June 1 for rentals occurring August 1 - November 30.
QUESTIONS ABOUT RENTALS? Please contact our Administrative Office at 919-968-2784. We're open Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Or email us at email@example.com.
PUBLIC SPACE ON FRANKLIN STREET
To reserve Peace and Justice Plaza or the public space at 137 E. Franklin St., please complete the following form and bring it to Chapel Hill Town Hall at 405 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
CHAPEL HILL PUBLIC LIBRARY MEETING ROOMS, STUDY ROOMS AND A COMPUTER CLASSROOM
To see room availability and to reserve space at the Chapel Hill Public Library, click here.